Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
Workplace Skills Coach – Electrical Installations
37 hours per week, Permanent
Salary: up to £27,663 per annum plus market force supplement
Location: North Notts Campus, Worksop (possible offsite travel)
Apprenticeships are a key area for the College and its customers, providing opportunities for learners to earn as they learn and develop a career.
We have an exciting new vacancy for a Workplace Skills Coach. The successful candidate is needed to support and enhance the apprentice and employer experience through effective skills coaching and tutoring. The skills coach will be a subject matter specialist and will be required to visit each apprentice once every quarter for the entire duration of their programme. They will also be required to have regular ongoing contact with all learners & employers and to complete all the relevant paperwork and update all records relating to learner progress. This job will involve extensive traveling, as apprentices must be visited at their place of employment.
A driving licence and regular access to a vehicle is essential and evening work may be required.
Have you got what it takes?
You will need to:
* Be a confident assessor who can engage with a wide variety of learners and bring the subject matter to life in a creative and engaging way.
* Be an experienced Electrical Installation Engineer
* Hold a relevant trade NVQ Level 3 qualification (or equivalent)
* Hold A1/V1 Assessors Award (or equivalent)
* Have experience working with e-portfolios and delivering apprenticeship standards
A Health and Safety Qualification and teaching qualification is desirable, you will need the willingness to work towards one with the full support of the RNN Group.
Why work for us?
* Generous local government or teacher pension
* 22-29 days annual leave + bank holidays and college closure days
* Access to our gyms, restaurants and salons
* Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including in-house Occupational Health service
* Full, part time and flexible working hours available in many roles
* Parking available at all of our sites
* Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications.
RNN Group’s main goal is to be an ‘outstanding’ education and training provider and this is at the heart of everything that we do. To help us achieve this we are looking to recruit highly motivated, innovative and dynamic individual to join our existing team, where in return you will receive excellent training and development opportunities, competitive conditions of employment which includes generous annual leave entitlement and excellent pension provided.
To be a part of the team at RNN Group we will expect you to be committed to these values too; Respect, Support, Inclusion, Excellence and Partnership.
We celebrate diversity and are proud to have been recognised as Investors in Diversity for our work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, faith or disability. We are also proud to be part of the Disability Confidence Scheme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young people. All new employees will be required undertake a DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 14th September 2020 – if you are shortlisted for this post you will be contacted within a week of the closing date.
If you are viewing this advert on an external website to RNN Group you will need to visit our website to see the full JD/Person Spec, apply for the position and view our other fantastic opportunities within the RNN Group