Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
WEEKEND COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER
Professional Staffing Services are looking for an experienced Male weekend Community Support Worker to work as part of the community team for our client based in Leicester.
This is a part time, temp-perm position paying £10:00 per hour
* Temp-perm position
* £10.00 per hour
* Travel Expenses paid
* 6-8 hours initially with more available
* Pension Scheme
As a Community Support Worker, you will be supporting Clients in the community that suffer with mental health issues.
You will have up-to 7 clients per day, the schedule will largely remain the same each week supporting the same clients.
You will not be responsible for any personal care, but you will be supporting with any social requirements they may have, these will include:
* Taking out to get shopping
* Helping with any housing issues
* Assisting with applications for any benefits / funding
* Taking to the doctors / dentists
* Fitness classes / social classes
* Helping to teach cooking skills
* Just a general cup of tea / chat / watch TV
* Assist with learning to use public transport
* Assist with medication (observing clients taking their medication)
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
* MUST have a driving licence and OWN transport
* Ideally experience with metal health care work is advantageous
* Previous care experience (voluntary/family members/employed)
* Must be patient and demonstrate ability to work from own initiative
* Must be empathetic
* We are only looking for a Male Support worker, due to the clients that you will be supporting.
If you would like any more information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to call Stacy on (phone number removed) and she will be happy to help.
Professional Staffing Services is advertising this position in its capacity as a recruitment agency