Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
The Role: Transport Planner
We are looking for an experienced Transport Planner to join a well-established logistics company based at Magna Park in Lutterworth.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday -2pm to 10pm
Rate of Pay: £9.50 p/h
• Using a bespoke transport system as well as manual planning techniques to build loads and allocate drivers.
• Utilising truck and driver to achieve best customer service levels
• Working alongside Tachograph Regulations and Working Time Directive to plan the drivers day efficiently
• Working closely alongside other planners and cover work as required
• Answering and responding to all incoming customer and driver telephone calls in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
• Liaise with drivers over the phone and face to face to resolve any issues that arise
• Looking at truck revenues/profitability
• Requesting vehicles from various collection points
• Book drivers in for collections from various sites
The Right Person:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, dealing with both customers and internal teams
• High level of IT proficiency – experience of Word/ Excel
• High standard of written English
• Good organisational skills & time management
• Eye for detail
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Team player
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment/adjust to change quickly
• Strong sense of urgency, follow-through and attention to detail
• Previous scheduling and geographic routing experience an advantage.
Interested? Here are your options
1) If you feel that you have what it takes to be successful in this position please click the apply now button so I can read your CV and come back to you
2) If you feel that you have all of the relevant experience and requirements, please call to discuss so we can talk through your experience (phone number removed) between 9am and 5.30pm