- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Transport Planner / Controller
Become part of our success story!
We Love to Deliver
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
* Free on-site Parking
* Free Uniform
* 21 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
* after qualifying period
o Pension Scheme
o Life Insurance
We are looking for a Transport Planner/Controller
Northampton Based Office.
Controlling our fleet of multi-drop vans & trucks both inhouse and sub-contractors, you will be reporting directly to our Operations Manager, you should have excellent communication and organisation skills coupled with the ability to accurately update and maintain our bespoke in-house transport system and general administration. Dealing with general enquires competently giving clear guidance and explanations to colleagues. You will need tenacity and the ability to adapt easily to whatever is thrown at you with a forever moving target that's in a very fast paced transport environment.
* Follow simple instructions
* Plan collections / deliveries
* Organise jobs for vehicles and check on drivers throughout the day
* Dealing with any queries that drivers may face
* Liaising with customers and colleagues to gather information and resolve issues
* Debriefing drivers
* Strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask
* Good admin skills
* Must be computer literate with accurate typing skills
* Handling delivery paperwork which includes scanning into in house system
* A professional attitude
* Must have a flexible attitude to work
* Excellent communication skills
For our fast-moving busy transport environment, we would give preference to applicants with at least 2 years transport experience in a similar environment.
Days: Monday to Friday
Saturday on a Rota Basis