Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
GBR Recruitment are working in close partnership with a leading food processing company (meat processing) recruiting for an experienced Technical Manager to lead the technical, quality & hygiene processes / working practives ensuring full compliance with BRC legislation & customer standards.
This is a key role spear heading the continuous development of HACCP, quality management systems (QMS) & hygiene standards.
You will be a Technical professional with strong food manufacturing experience within the UK's meat industry with Low & High care manufacturing facility experience.
* Manage the day to day running of the operational technical aspects of the company's quality management systems.
* Complete internal audits.
* Advise on food safety and hygiene.
* Act upon legislation and guidelines to ensure that manufacturing is conducted legally.
* Advise on hygiene and housekeeping, factory fabrication and food handling practices to ensure products are produced in a food safe environment.
* Provide information and expertise to external customers on all food safety and quality related matters.
* Effectively communicate and co-operate with the production and commercial teams to ensure that customers are supplied with food products which are safe to eat and that the quality complies with the customer specifications
* Conduct supplier audits & host 3rd party audits as required.
* Set objectives, team and individual KPI’s based on the customer focused business plan, monitoring these objectives and KPI’s to ensure they are met.
* Implementing and maintaining all HACCP systems for all processes to assure product safety, quality and legality in line with all current food legislation, packaging, FIR labelling, raw material and finished product.
* Provide customers with listing forms and product specifications
* Leadership and development of the Quality & Food Safety agenda to reduce customer complaints and drive continuous improvements in GMP standards.
* Maintaining and continually developing the Company and the customer’s quality assurance systems, food safety audits and HACCP.
* Ensure an up to date Quality Manual where documents are ‘controlled’ and distributed accordingly.
* Advice on changes to or new food legislation.
* Key contact during both customer and BRC audits, ensuring that both BRC standard and accreditation is maintained
* Ensure compliane to customer’s policies and standards and the BRC Global Standard for food safety and to other relevant standards e.g. RSPO, MSC, etc.
* Ensure maintenance of customer and raw material specification
* Conduct and review micro and nutritional analysis to agreed customer and site requirements.
* Working with NPD to ensure trials and new product launches are coordinated.
Experience & Skills:
* Technical Manager experience within the meat processing industry (raw & cooked)
* Low & High care experience plus strong HACCP, BRC, GMP, CI, LEAN skills
* Strong communicator at all levels
* Degree qualified or time served in a comparable role