- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Job Title: Nursery Production Manager / Team Manager – Plant Nursery – Horticulture
Location of the Job: Nottinghamshire, East Midlands
The Company: Our Client is an established family business of over 20 years located in the East Midlands. They are a successful horticultural nursery supplying specialist plants to garden centres nationwide. They are passionate about the quality of their plants and very well known within the industry for their varieties and quality.
The Industry: Nursery Jobs, Plant Sales, Horticultural Jobs, Grower Jobs, Manager Jobs, Plant Jobs, Jobs.
The Job Role details: Our Client is looking for a Nursery Production Manager to join their growing team in their established nursery. This is an exciting position for someone who would enjoy managing a team of 11 full time skilled horticultural staff with an additional 24 seasonal staff. This is an ideal role for someone who likes to keep up with the latest research and development within the horticultural industry. You will have the capability of implementing and managing trials to drive continuous improvement.
• Line Management of up to 25 full time and seasonal staff
• Successful delegation of team duties and nursery tasks
• Timely completion of nursery duties in a safe and cost-effective manner
• You will be responsible for the production of 1st grade container grown plants to be supplied to Garden Centres for retail sales
• Adhering to Health and Safety and welfare regulations
Ideal Person Skills and Qualifications:
• A minimum of 3 years management experience in a horticultural or agricultural environment
• Knowledge and awareness of horticultural / agricultural crop production
• Hard-working with strong proven Leadership Skills to be able to effectively manage and motivate a team of staff
• Excellent people skills
• Someone who enjoys working outdoors
• Someone who is able to work effectively within the small Management Team
• Strong organisational and planning skills
• Basic computer skills for effective planning and monitoring
• The ability to drive forward an activity to successful timely completion
Hours of work are Summer; Monday – Friday 7.00am – 3.35pm and Winter; Monday – Friday 7.30am – 4.05pm.
Overtime and weekend work shared on a rota will be required during busy Summer periods. This include a walk round to check plant irrigation for which time off in lieu will be given. Travel time included.
Interviews will include a tour of the nursery abiding by Covid19 social distancing regulations.
£30,000 – £33,000 depending on experience
Plus Benefits; Company pension
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to; Kate Moxon, Recruitment Expert.
We thank all applicants who apply for this role. However, please be advised that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that your job application will be managed in complete confidence and your personal details will not be passed to any third party without your prior permission