- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Contract: Full time, part time & Relief
Hours: Up to 39 hours per week
Salary: £8.83 ph
Contact: Thomas Cashin
Contact Details: (phone number removed)
Information: This role is shift work. Driver, full UK driving licence, is desired not essential
Who are Thera Group?
Thera Group are a charity that support people with a learning disability in the community. We want to demonstrate that people with a learning disability can be leaders in society but we can’t do this without you! We need Support Workers in the Chesterfield area to make our vision a reality looking after a young gentleman with severe learning difficulties and complex behavioural needs.
What does a Support Worker do?
The role of a Support Worker is to ensure the people we work with are safe, happy and lead fulfilling lives.
Supporting someone with a learning disability isn’t just personal care; it’s so much more. A Support Worker could be taking the people supported swimming, assisting with the weekly shop, or even helping to administer the right medication.
What experience do I need?
If you are caring, kind and want to work in a job that is genuinely rewarding, this is for you. For this particular vacancy we require the following attributes;
– Be experienced in working in the care and support sector (this is essential)
– Have experience supporting people with complex support needs and behaviours that may challenge others
– Be mature and calm in nature
– Be reliable and consistent in the support they provide
– Be able to work effectively as part of a team
– Be able to encourage and champion person-centred practice
– Be flexible and adaptable to challenging circumstances
– To be able to manage challenging circumstances effectively and engage in therapeutic approaches
– Have knowledge of mental capacity and deprivation of liberty and least restrictive practice
– Knowledge of communication support systems such as PECS and Makaton would be an advantage
– Be physically fit and active and able to support the gentleman in outdoor pursuits.
– NVQ level 3 trained is ideal but not essential
You’ll need to have great communication skills and be comfortable making decisions. A basic level of English and Math is also required.
What are the Benefits?
– 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
– Employee support line to support you and your family
– Continuous on the job training is provided
– Contributory Pension Plan
– Occupational Maternity Pay
– NVQ Funding
– DBS paid for by Thera
– Career progression
We also offer an employee benefits scheme, which includes:
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Health Cash Plan
– Access to Thousands of Retail Discounts
*We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate. Apply now to avoid disappointment