- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Role: Skilled Sheet Metal Worker
Hourly Rate: £13.50ph
Contract: Temporary to Permanent (PAYE)
Hours of work: 45 – 6 – 4 M – T then 6 – 1 Friday.
Our Client is keen to appoint a Skilled Sheet Metal Worker for the growing order book.
As a Skilled Sheet Metal Worker you must be experienced in MIG/TIG welding techniques on Stainless Steel, MUST be able to polish metal to almost a mirror finish, be able to set your own Jigs and fixtures and produce work at a top standard and in good time. Using hand tools, power tools and have an excellent eye for detail.
This role would suit a person who is currently a Skilled Sheet Metal Worker who wants to progress to other forms of production techniques, of which the company will train and pay for.
* Working with flat metal, such as aluminium and stainless steel, up to 3 millimetres thick
* Following engineering drawings to mark out precise shapes on the metal in preparation for cutting
* Cutting out the metal shapes using a hand saw, machine saw, laser cutter or guillotine
* Shaping the metal using a variety of other tools, including small presses, roller machines and hammers
* Finishing the product using tools like grinders and polishers to smooth the surface
* Assembling the parts by welding, bolting or riveting them together, or preparing the parts for a welder to assemble
* Inspecting and testing components produced to make sure they meet quality requirements
* Carrying out basic maintenance on tools and equipment and reporting faults
* Completing records of production.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role and be a long term member of the team then please apply.
Each applicant will always receive a reply.
Peopletech are acting as an employment business