Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us.
We believe it’s our talented people that make the difference and that means investing in their development too. We strongly believe in ‘growing our own’ talent, and supporting the skills development of our colleagues. We’re committed to offering our people the opportunities to develop the skills needed to step up, into new, challenging roles.
Across the business we have committed significant investment into our factories; improving amenities and spending on new technology and infrastructure, to ensure our business keeps growing. We’re currently investing £11m in our factory and facilities, installing state-of-the-art technologies including new conveyors and automated handling systems, making the site one of the most advanced food processing plants in Europe. We’re seeking motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team and help us maintain our position as a trusted market leader.
Purpose of the role
As a Skilled Operative you will have the ability to understand and adhere to food hygiene procedures. Comply with company policies and procedures and be able to follow instructions as directed by the Section Manager or other members of the management team. You will adhere to health and safety at all times.
Your key responsibilities as a Skilled Operative:
• Working proactively to ensure that the production lines are running effectively.
• Carrying out hourly production and quality control checks.
• Recording production data both electronically and paper based.
• Ensuring that the product is packed correctly and to high standard expectations.
• Reporting information back to section managers.
What we are looking for:
• You will be reliable, honest and have the ability to work in a cold and fast paced environment.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Preferably you will have previous production experience.
Working hours for a Skilled Operative are Monday – Friday, shift times of 21:15 until 06:15.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities.
As a Skilled Operator, you can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Starting rate of £10.46 moving to £11.31 upon completion of training.
• Various lifestyle benefits including shopping vouchers and cashback options.
• Life assurance cover.
• Genuine training and development opportunities.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer