- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Join Avara Foods now and you can earn a minimum of £364 a week before Christmas
We have a range of permanent or temporary 4, 8 or 12 week fixed term contracts available now. We are recruiting for a range of shifts including days, nights & weekends across a range of departments.
What’s in it for you?
• Weekly Pay.
• Overtime available at increased rates of pay.
• Employee benefits scheme including discount shopping vouchers and lifestyle benefits.
• Competitive Pension.
• A dynamic working environment.
• Realistic opportunities for training and development.
It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK’s largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation.
Purpose of the role
As an integral member of the Production team you will enable your lines and the rest of the site to meet different customer’s needs to the required quality and safety standards for Avara Foods.
Depending on your department, the key responsibilities will include:
• Achieving agreed quality standards relating to temperature, grading, wrapping, preparation,
• Minimising down time of equipment through correct set up and changeovers of the lines.
• Using a knife to de-bone and portion cuts of meat.
• Weighing and packing products ready for despatch.
• Manual handling, lifting equipment and products up to 20kg products
• To pack and grade product to the required standard and meet the required packing rates as instructed by the section manager
• You will adhere to health and safety at all times and follow all task in line with food safety rules
What we are looking for:
• Functional skills in English and Maths.
• The ability to work well within a team and communicate with all levels of staff.
• Good attention to detail and a flexible attitude to tasks
Experience within a production/manufacturing setting showing an understanding of a fast moving process is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer