Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
£DOE (+OT) Shifts (6 – 2/2 – 10)
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor to join the team of an exciting company. Reporting to the Production Manager, controlling a team of approximately 15 shift staff, the Production Supervisor will be joining the company at a time to contribute to their ambitious growth plans. From a proven manufacturing back-ground you may already hold a similar position of Production Supervisor, be a Team Leader or Cell Leader looking for that next challenge. You will enjoy leading and motivating your team ensuring KPI’s are exceeded as well as identifying areas for improvement.
Key responsibilities – Production Supervisor:
* Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, studying methods, implementing cost reductions, facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points, initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
* Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
* Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
* Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analysing production performance records and data, answering questions and responding to requests.
* Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
* Perform checks on the equipment and product as determined by our ISO operating system.
* Perform all tasks to a high standard to meet Standard Operating Procedures.
* Achieve customer requirements for product quality, specification, and delivery.
* Liaise with production staff to ensure the smooth running of the shift.
* Communicate effectively with shift colleagues and management to ensure goals and targets are met.
* Support companywide initiatives to improve service levels to our customers
* Be an active functional member of the production team. Co-operation and input will be required in relation to team performance, site growth and planning meetings
* Undertake identified personal training and further development programs when required.
Personal Specification – Shift Supervisor:
* Minimum five years lean manufacturing experience
* Forklift licence
* Excellent English – written and verbal
* Automotive tools and techniques knowledge
* Problem solving and fault-finding abilities
* Excellent people management skills with desire to lead the team in a fast-paced environment
* Strong organisational and planning skills
* Computer literate – Microsoft Office 365
The company located in Langar, Nottinghamshire, is easily commutable from Nottingham, Grantham, Newark, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Stamford or Sleaford.
If you are currently a Production Assistant, Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Section Leader, Manufacturing Supervisor then this may be the job for you