- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
6-12 Month Contract – potential for extension
Pay: £28,000 per annum (pro-rata for duration of assignment)
As the Senior Scientist, you will be working within a laboratory team to ensure that the department runs smoothly. You will have previous experience working within a laboratory and have knowledge of Current Good Lab Practice “GLP”. The successful Senior Scientist will ideally come from a pharmaceutical/chemistry field.
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for:
To ensure that all Client projects and internal research projects are conducted in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, meet Client specifications and are delivered on time and within budget.
To provide coaching and mentoring to the junior members
Type of person:
We’re wanting to hear from Senior Scientists who:
* Have at least 2 years+ experience in a relevant position, with good background of Formulation Development
* Have laboratory experience, ideally within the Pharmaceutical or Drug Development field. Laboratory experience within the Chemistry field will also be considered.
* Must be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of Good laboratory practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
* Must have some degree of experience in documentations writing, such as Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical reports
* Intermediate level of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ideally degree educated in a related discipline, but high-level diploma will also be considered
* Successful applicants will be subject to a basic DBS clearance
* Ensure that all work is conducted in responsible and safe manner
* Conduct and document work to cGMP ensuring that projects are conducted in accordance with company procedures and the agreed timelines
* To document all project work to a high standard. This includes the timely, complete and clear documentation of laboratory work in laboratory notebooks and the timely completion of all necessary project administration.
* To perform all laboratory work to a high degree of scientific rigour such that it will stand up to external scientific, legal or regulatory scrutiny.
* To manage the day to day activities of a team and perform performance management of assigned staff.
* Support the Management team by assisting the delivery of the internal research program.
* To provide leadership and training to the junior members of the team
* Support Group Heads and the Business Development Team in assembling quotations for Clients within the agreed timeframe.
Education or Equivalent Requirements:
* Typically, a minimum of a BSc and at least five years + experience in a relevant technical area, or a relevant PhD with at least one – three years industrial experience and a good understanding of appropriate characterisation techniques and/or formulation/manufacturing processes, or equivalent.
* Strong scientific expertise in at least one relevant technical area.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to build upon their laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical industry