A great opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Senior
Working 2 days at home and 3 in the office. Flexible working hours giving you the ability to achieve that all important “Work Life Balance” you have always longed for. A superb opportunity has arisen with our client a prestigious and well established national and regional accountancy firm based near to Market Harborough. They are looking for a self-motivated, energetic and driven individual to join their highly skilled and motivated team. On top of a competitive salary our client is offering an extensive benefits package to include: All equipment for working from home, Medical cash plan, Healthcare Insurance, Pension, generous holidays, Retail discount, Free eye tests and full support and ongoing training for your personal development and opportunities to grow.
Duties and responsibilities
* To support partners and managers in the Corporate Department to deliver quality service to clients with compliance and planning matters.
* To be able to manage and deliver ad hoc projects and assignments
* Review and prepare client accounts, tax or VAT based work from information supplied by client to the required standards
* Undertake remuneration planning exercises
* Involvement with Audit work as and when required
* Assist with higher level, technical client accounts and all aspects of taxation compliance work for personal and corporate clients.
* Identify points for Partner to raise with clients and to raise potential areas for additional services including added value services and advice
* Finalise paperwork for dispatch to clients and HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality
* Bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required.
* Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client
* Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
* Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
* Support trainees by providing on the job coaching and supervision and review of trainee assignments
* Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
* Use appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge on complex queries such as CCH or software vendors
* Review and depending on size of assignment prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advice on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firm’s standards.
* Assisting clients with accounts software and other bookkeeping queries as required.
* Involvement in client seminars including attendance and set up where required
* Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members
* Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
* Strong computer literacy
* Strong active listening skills
* Ability to review and prepare client accounts, tax or VAT quickly and efficiently
* Good knowledge of all taxes
* Knowledge of Accounting systems including, Xero and other software as required. Knowledge of their uses and benefits
* In depth accounts preparation knowledge
* ACA or ACCA qualified
* Degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 2 years proven accounts experience within a practice environment
* Experience with cloud accounting software such as Xero
Excellent benefits package – Consisting of:
– Competitive salary
– Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
– 23 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
– Use of our benefits platform
– Unique Branded Ellacotts Cashback Card
– Life assurance
– Flexible working structure: Flex-e
– Healthcare Medical Cash Plan
– Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)