- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
GBR Recruitment are working in partnership with a progressive Security Systems business, recruiting for Security Systems Field Service Engineers to install, maintain & modify Fire Alarms, Security Alarms, CCTV Cameras, Security Gates & Barriers, Emergency Lighting & Access Control products within their key customers across all industry sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with strong Electrical skills i.e. Electrician or Electrical Engineer, who has additional experience with Mechanical Engineering, IP Networking & Fibre optics or wants to gain this additional experience (IP & Fibre side can be trained, Electrical skills are a must have) to join a well established company providing state of the art Security Systems.
Main Job Purpose:
To carry out the servicing, repairs, diagnostics on existing installations of security systems in line with NSI requirements and the associated British and European standards. The role will be home based travelling to customer sites, and will periodically require some overnight stays.
* Carrying out Installations, maintenance & modifications on the above security systems meeting the desired quality standards, company policies and procedures.
* Providing 24-hour call out out as required on a rota basis (1 week in 4, totalling 14 weeks of the year), including weekends, public holidays and periods of staff holiday and sickness (all paid at an enhanced overtime rate of either x1.5 or x2 rate plus additional on call fee's of £140 per week)
* Effectively liaising with the Technical Manager for advice on systems and technical problems.
* Ensure customer needs are satisfied fully delivering a high level of customer service.
* Ensure full compliance to security systems (as to NSI requirements & to ISO 9001 standards).
* Good understanding of Electrical Principles
* Want to progress in a diverse industry with electrical knowledge being at the forefront but will extensively include IT, IP networking, System programming, Mechanical engineering
* Positive, flexible outlook
* Ability and willingness to work away from home is essential
* Electrical Principles
* Electrical Installation practices
* Electrical fault finding
* Good understanding of IP Networking
* Fibre optics
* Intruder alarms
* Fire alarms
* CCTV systems
* Detection activated monitored CCTV systems
* Access Control Systems
* Integrated solutions
* Gates and Barriers
* Emergency lighting
* Fully expensed Company Van (business & private use)
* 29 Days Holiday
* Company Pension Scheme
* £140 a week on call payment (on call 1 in 4 weeks) & £30 per hour for 1st hour of on call attendance then enhanced rate for all other hours (x1.5 or x2 rate depending on day / hours)
* Additional efficiency bonus scheme for jobs completed ahead of schedule
* Training & development programmes
This role could suit someone working as: Installation Engineer, CCTV Engineer, Alarm Engineer, Fire Alarm Engineer, Security Engineer, Security Systems Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Engineer, Electrician, JIB Electrician, Electrical Engineer, Mobile Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician or similar
This role is commutable from: Boston, Lincoln, Holbeach, Peterborough, Sleaford, Bourne, Wisbech, Kings Lynn, Leasingham, Ancaster, Stamford, Wittering, Wansford, Grantham, Barrowby, Gonerby, Caythorpe, Market Deeping, Melton Mowbray & Newark plus areas surrounding these
Interviews to take place immediately for the right candidate/s