Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
PSI are excited to be recruiting for an experienced Sales & Production Planner join the family at a well-established Food Manufacturer situated in West Leicestershire.
This is a permanent position, working core hours of Monday to Friday days but you will be a person that is fully flexible to ensure that any critical issues will be dealt with.
Working closely with the Operations Manager, your main responsibility will be to ensure all production processes run smoothly, in a cost-effective way within the required timelines and required specification
This is an exciting and challenging role within a fast-paced environment and the ideal candidate for this role will have worked in a similar position with the Food Manufacturing/Production industry.
You will have a solid strong understanding of working with ERP systems and advanced Excel skills
In addition, you will be KPI driven, passionate about what you do and be confident in your ability to time manage and prioritise.
You will also be able communicate well with all areas (especially Warehousing & Production) and ensure the production planning is seen as critical to the efficiency of the business.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Sales & Production Planner
* Develop a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet estimated completion dates
* Give information on materials, costs, manufacturing equipment, and the size of workforce needed for production
* To monitor costs (such as production and raw material)
* Liaise with customers, suppliers and employees to ensure all resource, materials, and machinery will be available when required
* To liaise with all relevant departments to keep production plans on track
* Identify and pre-empt potential issues that may occur during production (such as staff shortages/machinery malfunction)
* To ensure that all the client and operational requirements are met in a professional and efficient manner
* To ensure the highest level of customer service is achieved to both external and internal customers, providing excellent customer satisfaction every time
* To be responsible for all paperwork & maintenance of records (such as purchase orders)
* Use of ERP & EDI systems
Experience for the Sales & Production Planner
* You must have worked in Food Production/Manufacturing for at least 2+ years
* Ideally have been working in a similar Production Planning role
* Possess excellent IT Skills – advanced Excel is mandatory
* Strong ERP & EDI systems knowledge
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills