Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
POSITION: Residential Support Worker – for children with physical disabilities
BENEFITS: Company Pension scheme, bike to work scheme & full inhouse training.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Our client was established in 2005 and provides responsive, quality services to children and families who are assessed as being in need. The organisation does so through the provision of a continuum of services that integrates disability services, emergency residential respite, medium and long-term children’s residential centres, assessment centre and community based services.
Due to continued success the organisation is seeking to recruit the following:
Residential Support Worker – for children with physical disabilities
JOB ROLE (not limited to):
· The role of the Residential Support Worker for disabilities (Hereafter referred to as DRSW) is to work directly with children with physical disabilities while contributing to the day-to-day running of the residential centre.
· The DRSW will retain an integral practice role and ensure that the highest quality of care is provided to young people. The role will also require administrative duties as well as responsibilities pertaining to the progression, practice and implementation of Placement Plan objectives for young people, ensuring that they are receiving the agreed quality and quantity services.
· The DRSW will be accountable for the centre functioning in the absence of the Centre Manager (PIC) or Shift Coordinator (PPIM).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Possess a relevant Professional Qualification to a minimum Diploma level (7) Community Care/ Social Care / Social Work/ Applied Social Studies/ Youth Work / Psychology/ Nursing
• Have minimum two years’ experience in a residential setting or two years combined experience working with people with physical and/or intellectual disabilities.
• Have a full Driver’s Licence.
• Have knowledge of Child Protection issues and relevant legislation.
• Be able to adhere to all organisation policy.
• Have a calm, welcoming and patient attitude.
• Be flexible to work a variety of hours.
• Live within a commutable distance.
In order to apply please click on apply
Keywords: Disabilities Residential Support Worker, Support Worker, Health Support Worker, Care Worker, Health Care Worker, Health Support Worker, Home Care Worker, Health, Medical, Support, Social Services, Children’s Residential Support Worker, Social Care, Charity