- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Due to the current pandemic, please be assured any unnecessary travelling is not required.
Interviews can be arranged online and some clients are able to complete training and induction online.
DegreeSix Recruitment are currently recruiting for experienced and qualified Residential Support Workers for a children’s residential home setting within the area of Oadby.
Our client is very well established across the East Midlands region and is currently open to recruiting residential support staff. They provide therapeutic care to young people aged between 10 to 18 with EBD and challenging behaviour.
We are currently looking for someone who genuinely enjoys the rewards and challenges of working with looked after children and young people, who have a background of trauma, abuse and neglect and believe they can offer them a chance of living a positive future.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will be required to provide support and care directly to the children and young people within your care. Your daily tasks will entail the following;
* Organising and accompanying the young people on social activities and appointments
* Helping the young people to overcome difficulties or disadvantages holding them back from fulfilling their potential
* Recording the young person’s activity & reporting key aspects of their care
* Promoting the young person’s independence and developing their life skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
* You must be at least 23 years of age
* Must have a minimum of 18 months residential experience working with young people
* Full driving license with access to own transport
* Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People / Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
* Flexible to work on shift and sleeps in shifts
BENEFITS- WHAT WILL YOU GET IN RETURN?
* Market leading rates of pay with additional over time & sleep-in enhancements
* Opportunity to complete the Level 5 Management Diploma and progress as Registered Manager
* Minimum 2% pension contributions
* Extensive in-house training
* Flexible working hours
* 28 days holiday per year
If this role sounds like the right role for you or if you simply would like to find out more information, then please contact Nazma at DegreeSix Recruitment.
Please note, all applicants are subject to undergo enhanced DBS and reference checks