- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
A leading Main Contractor specialising in turnkey solutions with a passion for the latest construction technologies. They have developed an impressive number of blue-chip clients across the UK and on top of that have gained a sterling reputation as a contractor. This reputation has excelled the company into numerous markets including the: Commercial, Residential and Industrial sectors where they have constructed projects valuing from £10m – £80m.
They are currently in an excellent position having secured well over £300m worth of projects in 2020 alone. The company prides themselves in creating and maintaining valuable relationships with both clients and sub-contractors. This is evident as the company carries out a tremendous amount of repeat business and use many of the same sub-contractors they have since their early days of trading.
This role sits within the Civils arm of the business which specialises in a range of Civil and Infrastructure projects including, earthworks, section 278 works and rail freight.
You will join the commercial team working on a large civils project and be reporting into a Senior Quantity Surveyor. The focus will revolve around the financial and commercial aspects of the site.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be tasked with supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyor to deliver civils projects from a commercial front. Typical roles and responsibilities include:
* Issuing and commercial management of sub-contract tender packages.
* Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
* Reviewing of contract documents.
* Manage and maintain relationships with established list of supply chain sub-contractors.
* Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
* Aiding with submission of client valuations and management of the variation account.
* Management of subcontract accounts from procurement to final account.
* Preparation and assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
You will be given the opportunity to earn up to £60,000 per annum. Car or car allowance is included in their benefits package. Aside from the tangible rewards, you will get the chance to work for one of the countries’ fastest growing Main Contractors that ensure that they put their employees at the heart of everything that they do