- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
A market leader within Property Services, one of the UK's most reputable Contractor working with a large portfolio of high profile clients across the housing, retirement living, education, major and complex loss, public buildings and commercial markets
As a Quantity Surveyor you will actively Tender, Estimate and measure onsite therefore you are heavily involved from conception through to final accounts with the ability to have a real impact on the profitability and ultimately commercial success.
The Nottingham location can offer a variety of projects on various frameworks for prestigious clients within the social housing, public sector, retirement living, commercial and education. They directly deliver internal and external planned and associated refurbishment works to these clients.
The Quantity Survey will be responsible for the following ;
• Measure and prepare cost estimates for contracts and tenders, highlighting any risks
• Manage the pricing of tenders to maximise business wins and profitability
• Prepare cost value reconciliations for contracts, identifying commercial risks and opportunities to ensure correct contract planning
• Work closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start, including direct labour incentives
• Build strong client relations, to ensure any variations and progress of contracts are discussed
• Take purchase, credit and debtor responsibility using COINS to achieve expected cash flow
• Complete and analyse weekly reporting from site has adequate cost information (including labour rates and performance exceptional to budget, value, progress, quality and safety)
• Support the Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities; presenting to customers and developing tender specific method statements
The successful individual ;
• Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role with estimating/ tendering experience
• Experience of successfully managing a value of works collectively of up to, £2 million
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with key eye for identifying business opportunities and developing key existing relationships.
• You will be analytical, organised and honest as well as being a genuine ‘people person' who relishes in communicating effectively with their clients, trade teams and immediate colleagues fostering a real ‘working
• Experience of working on Schedule of Rates type contracts is preferred with the ability to price minor works from first principles.
The role will offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance related progression
Please contact Laura Ruben to discuss on (phone number removed) or Email : (url removed)