- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk required for one of our established construction/civil engineer clients based in Birmingham. The Purchase Ledger Clerk will be experienced with processing high volume invoices and be able to work as part of a strong, fast paced accounts team. The Purchase Ledger Clerk will be required to ensure accurate processing of invoices and account reconciliations, whilst working within the Purchase Ledger team to achieve department deadlines.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for:
* Processing high volume invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and orders
* Release invoices in preparation for payment
* Interaction with relevant department / supplier to resolve queries
* Proactive query management and resolution for supplier accounts.
* Ensure correct paperwork is received to meet VAT rules and regulations.
* Ensure accuracy and self-checking of work.
* Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements within deadlines.
* Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details.
* Ensure files are maintained in line with current procedure.
* Support colleagues ensuring the department is working as a team to have all accounts up to date and accurate.
* Working to monthly deadlines set within procedures.
* Other duties as reasonably required from time to time.
* Purchase ledger experience within a similar environment
* Experience of dealing with high volume invoices in a busy environment
* Data inputting
* Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and computer literate
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and organisational skills
* Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail under pressure
* An established and friendly team
* Opportunity to progress
* Modern and up to date offices
* Free parking
If you would like to be considered for the role please submit a copy of your CV in Word format by clicking APPLY NOW.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age