- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
My client is a world leading manufacturer for the process markets. Their products enjoy a global reputation for quality & performance with more than 70% of sales derived from Export markets. Design and manufacturing takes place at a purpose-built facility on the outskirts of Sheffield.
This is a great opportunity for a PROJECT MANAGER who is hard working, ambitious and keen to progress in an established and successful company.
The role will be diverse and all encompassing, responsible for the engineering and managing all aspects of a project from design to customer delivery including quotation; product engineering; logistics; installation and commissioning.
This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to design and develop market leading products for the global market and help us achieve our goals.
• Technical consultation with customers to determine the project specification.
• Agree the design, quality standards, and budget of the project.
• Create quotations and technical specifications.
• Negotiate with stakeholders (clients, subcontractors, and suppliers).
• Manage multiple projects ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the customer’s technical requirement.
• Organise and lead work teams, co-ordinating bespoke and NPD project activities.
• Identify problems and evaluate possible solutions to meet the client’s needs.
• Maintain and enhance a productive working relationship with the customer.
• Exchange information and provide advice to technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
• Preparing letters documents, test specifications and instruction manuals.
• Oversee installation and commissioning and create the relevant documentation i.e. Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Support for International Sales partners.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Degree qualified in a scientific / technical discipline including mechanical engineering, material sciences, physics, process engineering
• Basic knowledge of properties and treatment of technical materials (e.g. ceramics, metals)
• Experience in the field of technically demanding products.
• Must have project management qualifications, Prince2 an advantage, and proven experience within previous roles.
• Knowledge of relevant directives and safety standards is essential.
• An accomplished design engineer with the ability to present technical information to others including mechanical and electrical design draughtsmen.
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams including engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, purchasing and suppliers / sub-contractors.
• The successful applicant will need to have good communication skills as the duties will include liaising with internal departments, have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player.
• Valid passport holder and clean driving license required
• Basic salary c£50k based on experience.
• Company Incentive scheme.
• Salary Sacrifice Pension Plan with 7.5% employer contributions
• Death in service policy.
• 25 days holiday, plus statutory days