- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
We have had a great opportunity arise for a Planning Policy Manager to work with Broxtowe Council (Nottinghamshire). This is a temporary post for 3 months with potential to become long-term.
To lead on all planning policy matters including supervising development of the Council’s local plan policies and projects, including conservation and to assist the preparation of neighbourhood plans. Further to supervise development of the Council’s HS2 related policies and projects, including the Growth Strategy, to coordinate and develop the Council’s GIS and Planning Monitoring/ S106 service. Ensuring that all work is in accordance with the Council’s objectives to achieve sustainable development.
* Assist and where necessary, deputise for the Head of Planning and Economic Development for all matters to do with policy, the Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plans inlcuding at examinations in public
* Assist the Head of Planning and Economic Development as required in working with external partners in development masterplans for the area of strategic growth at Toton, and proposals for a Development Corporation, influencing proposals in the interests of the residents of Broxtowe and the agreed policy of elected members.
* Assist and where necessary, deputise for the Head of Planning and Economic Development for all matters related to HS2, the information supporting the Local Plan including housing supply, sustainability and infrastructure issues, and Neighbourhood Plans inlcuding at examinations in public.
* Ensure the development of and implementation of appropriate planning policies for the Borough. Organise and supervise the efficient and effective operation of the Local Plan and policy planning functions
* Establish good partnership relationships with the Council’s strategic planning partners, ensuring the Council discharges the duty to co-operate and that the Council is effectively represented within structures such as the Greater Nottingham Joint Planning advisory board and meetings which take place in relation to the development of an HS2 hub station at Toton.
* Assist the Head of Planning and Economic Development to establish programmes of work in accordance with the Council’s local development scheme and ensure planning policy staff comply with them.
* Represent the Council at Hearings, Public Inquiries and Examinations in public as required.
Location: NG9 1AB
Hourly rate: £25.89
If this post is of interest, please contact Jake Singh today at Belmont Recruitment on (phone number removed)