- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
PIA Cable/Fibre Operatives
Up to £30,000 per annum
Our client is a leading civil and electrical engineering construction company that operates throughout the UK on a major road, rail and airport infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients. Due to winning major new contracts, our client has a large number of exciting opportunities supporting the installation of fibre optic cables.
You will be required to build and maintain new and existing Core and Distribution Fibre Networks, specifically fibre cable, subduct pulling as well as fibre blowing. The role also involves heavy cable pulling, either with assist equipment or by-hand and identifying cables/parts of cables, subducts to be worked on in various locations and environments.
Your main activities will include:
* Working safely in accordance with the National Roads & Street Works Act;
* Adhering to Safe Working Practices and Gas Testing
* Ensuring Personal Safety
* Use of Fibre installation & test equipment
* Worked with Fibre cables to client specification
* Worked on internal databases to record actions & daily whereabouts
* Ensure all equipment used meets recognised safety standards including but not limited to tools and testers;
* Professional conduct & excellent customer care skills – Whilst interacting with service providers, end-users, members of the public and Community Fibre Ltd employees where necessary;
* Adherence to Community Fibre Ltd quality standards – Copies of the quality standards will be provided by CFL at audit;
* Ability to record changes and updates made, as a result of work carried out, updating CFL with details on task closure.
Skills & Qualifications required:
* NRSWA Signing, Lighting & Guarding
* NRSWA Accredited
* S007 and SA002 Accredited
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
* Ability to work within a team
* Be able to prioritise, organise and manage tasks
* Sound practical knowledge and experience of Civils, Cabling, Splicing & testing and business installations.
* Excellent communicator. Good observational and analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
* Well-presented and have good presentation skills.
* Must have good IT skills – specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Must be holding a Full Driving License
* Approved Fibre / Sub Duct installation trained. Confined Spaces City & Guilds preferred, relevant fibre cabling and blowing qualifications.
Apply today to be considered