ONSA (Fibre) Supervisor
About The Role
Our client is focused on the design, build and maintenance of telecom infrastructure for key clients in the fixed telecom market. Working collaboratively with clients, our clients Services brings commitment, innovation, teamwork and accountability to deliver long- term partnerships. They are part of the Telecom Division of a Group of Services. They deliver a range of essential infrastructure services to the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors across the UK and Ireland.
Smart City Recruiters Ltd are currently looking to recruit a ONSA Supervisor to work on our Telecom Contract covering Nottinghamshire (East Midlands).
The Purpose of this position is to ensure a scheduled programme of work is delivered on time, to budget in a safe, quality manner across all products. The Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operational duties of the field engineers (both supply chain and direct labour) and ensure quality service is being performed. They are also responsible for co-ordination, delegation, supervision & quality control of onsite works, including responsibility for performance. Reporting into the relevant Project Managers and Contract Manager for various ONSA workstreams.
For the successful candidate, previous experience of managing operational teams on the Openreach network is essential for this role.
As Supervisor, your duties & responsibilities will be:
* Support the Project Delivery.
* Demonstrate a structured and consistent approach to the Supervision of all Field Operatives for Direct Labour.
* Responsible for ‘on the day’ delivery of all works within the region in a Safe, Quality and On Time manner.
* Support the delivery of the business units KPI’s, identifying area for improvements against the key measures to continual improve supplier performance.
* Work in conjunction with MUS Co-ordinators to identify areas of success and improvement. Attending stakeholder calls.
* Have an awareness of financial impact relating to performance and compliance.
* Manage HA stakeholders and attend relevant streetworks meetings as and when required.
* Sponsor and support new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.
* General coaching & support (supplier management)
* Working collaboratively & in line with our clients and OR policies
* Embed works mobile and whereabouts adherence with our supply chain.
* Ensure supplier resource, commitments are in place as per works volume, business critical items.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
* Experience of managing operational teams on the Openreach network essential.
* A proven track record of working at a Senior Supervisory level within the Telecoms Industry or other similar utilities would be advantageous.
* Experience of Civils & Cabling (both UG and OH) would be beneficial.
* Ability to provide management to field-based teams working remotely.
* A basic understanding of both financial and commercial activities and dependencies.
* Ability to understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness.
* The ability to work collaboratively with Stakeholders both within the client arena and the supply chain.
* An ability to understand and operate within a process driven environment.
* A strong technical background across multiple disciplines that are relevant to projects being overseen is necessary.
Salary – Dependent on experience,
25 days annual leave,
Access to our staff discount portal,
Enrolment into our pension plan,
Group life assurance,
For more information, please forward your up-to-date CV