- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
A leading Main Contractor specialising in turnkey solutions with a passion for the latest construction technologies. They have developed an impressive number of blue-chip clients across the UK and on top of that have gained a sterling reputation as a contractor. This reputation has excelled the company into numerous markets including the: Commercial, Residential and Industrial sectors where they have constructed projects valuing from £10m – £80m.
They are currently in an excellent position having secured well over £300m worth of projects in 2020 alone. The company prides themselves in creating and maintaining valuable relationships with both clients and sub-contractors. This is evident as the company carries out a tremendous amount of repeat business and use many of the same sub-contractors they have since their early days of trading.
Due to continued growth and success they now have a rare opportunity to join their commercial team as a Managing Surveyor on a permanent basis.
You will support the Commercial Manager in the day to day running of a busy commercial department. The focus will be all financial and commercial aspects of the site. Managing up to 3 projects at any one time, you will be leading the site-based Quantity Surveying teams and working closely with the Project Team to control all commercial & contractual matters. The main duties involved in this role will include but not limited to:
• Attend tender presentations for new projects, contribute, lead commercially and present
• During proposal stage, prepare the budget and prelims build up, obtain and vet trade contractor bids, compile the company information section for the proposal document and collate the overall document
• Prepare trade contractor bid list in conjunction with the Project Manager and obtain approval via team meetings
• Prepare and monitor bid package tender schedule and report against the cost plan where required and advise on selection of trade contractors
• Advise client on contract procurement routes available
• Prepare and monitor Subcontract Procurement Schedule, compile trade contract bid documents and carry out tender analysis and issue purchase orders
• Place orders and instruct / manage trade contractors. (Including compiling subcontracts/works contacts/trade contracts)
• Manage change orders in conjunction with the Site/Project Manager
• Prepare, submit and agree monthly costs reports, collating information from other Project/Assistant surveyors as necessary
• Prepare, submit and agree periodic valuations for work completed to date with trade contractors and the client including preparation of rolling final account & subsequent final account agreement
• Prepare Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Directors responsible.
• Risk & Cash Management.
• Involvement in BD / developing relationships with key clients & design teams
You will be given the opportunity to earn up to £75,000 per annum. Car or car allowance is included in their benefits package as well as a competitive pension contribution and private healthcare and additional bonus scheme