- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
We are currently recruiting for a L&D Co-ordinator within the People Team based at our Walkers Deli & Sausage site at Cobden Street, Leicester.
Walkers Deli & Sausage is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
Responsible for the coordination and administration of a range of learning and development activities and projects. You will develop and maintain robust learning and development systems and processes and manage training events, which may include training design and delivery, training administration, hospitality, providing management information and booking training in line with the training budget
* First point of contact for learning and development queries
* Establishing systems and procedures to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the L&D offering
* Planning, organising and booking training events/programmes, including; liaison with trainers, booking training rooms, printing and distributing course materials and ensuring required equipment is available and in working order for efficient running of events
* Carrying out research as directed into training providers/programmes.
* Support the development of training content, delivery and evaluation
* Assisting with the performance enhancement scheme process; ensuring documentation is returned and logged in line with the procedural timelines and reports produced
* Developing and maintaining accurate and easily accessible records and processes for all learning and development activities and processes including recording and monitoring attendance
* Liaising with line managers to ensure all employees are booked on required training events within agreed timeframes
* Managing compliance training requirements ensuring full completion within targeted timescales
* Managing the implementation of new or updated training requirements/events/programmes.
* Ensuring training needs forms are completed and returned for each development request
* Coordination with the central group team, external bodies and senior managers for graduates, IPs, apprenticeships and work experience schemes
* Support the site during external audits, preparing and presenting the required information to auditors as required.
* Co-ordinating the development and delivery of our company Induction event for all new employees, ensuring the content is reviewed and updated continually in line with feedback received.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
* CIPD Level 3 Certificate in L&D or working towards
* Demonstrable experience of data analysis and reporting
* Previous experience working in a fast paced, customer focussed environment
* Experience working within a learning and development / human resources function (Desirable)
* Experience of working with learning management systems (Desirable)
* Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in the full Microsoft Office suite.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
* Evidence of strong administrative and organisational skills
* Ability to prioritise workload and multi-task effectively
* Ability to work effectively under pressure whilst retaining a strong eye for detail
* Ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately
* The ability to work appropriately with highly confidential information
What We Have To Offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets