- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Here at SC Johnson Professional we have an opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join our team based in Denby. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract until end of June 2021 basis in return for a competitive salary + a night shift premium.
Night shift only Monday to Thursday: 22:00 – 06:00. Sundays 23:00 to 06:00
SC Johnson Professional is a leading manufacturer of Industrial and commercial cleaning and skin care products. Our purpose is to invent new products and solutions that create efficiencies, reduce inventories, simplify training, and create a positive cleaning experience for users of our products and the spaces in which our products are used.
The Laboratory Technician is to be ensuring that all products are manufactured to a high standard, whilst maintaining the product batch pass rate.
Key responsibilities of our Laboratory Technician:
– Carry out raw material and finished product analysis in accordance with the requirements of Good Laboratory Practice / Good Manufacturing Practice in line with Company specifications plus additional laboratory tasks as directed by the Technical Manager, Process Chemist or Microbiologist.
– Carry out microbiological testing in accordance with the requirements of Good Laboratory Practice / Good Manufacturing Practice.
– To carry out approvals work on raw materials from alternative suppliers
– Assist the R&D Team with product development work
– To analyse, report and attempt to solve technical complaints received.
– To identify and attempt to solve any problems in production which may be affecting the quality of Deb’s products.
– To inform the Technical Manager of the progress of QC testing in the Process and Microbiology laboratories by way of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
– To input raw material deliveries into relevant systems and inform Purchasing of any problems.
– Responsible for working to ISO9002 ISO14000 and ISO22716/ procedures and identifying opportunities to improve them.
– Responsible for ensuring that all laboratories are maintained and kept clean and tidy. Also that all equipment is cleaned thoroughly and renewed when necessary
– Responsible for ensuring that all laboratory systems are kept up to date to meet legal and Good Laboratory Practice requirements.
– To ensure that all laboratory equipment is correctly maintained and calibrated before use in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements and in compliance with the documented procedures and Good Laboratory Practice.
What we’re looking for in our Laboratory Technician:
– Willingness to learn to perform scientific analysis
– Able to perform reproducible measurements
– Keen eye for detail
– Good communicator
– Logical thinker
– Interest in product / factory production processes
– GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English, Science and Maths
– Good literacy
– Good written and spoken English
– Good numerical ability
– Good level of IT capability including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel
What we can offer our Laboratory Technician:
– Large and expanding fast paced global business
– Committed to implementing best practice in all areas
– Focus on innovation and continuous improvement
– Competitive salary and Benefits, plus a Production Incentive Scheme paid from the start
– 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising to 36 days with length of service
– Contributory pension scheme
If you feel you have what it takes to become our Laboratory Technician, then please click ‘apply’ now