Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
Due to continued growth our client is looking to appoint a further experience Mechanical Design Engineer, primarily supporting the gas turbine and filtration sector. The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience of thermodynamic design, structural design and acoustic design would be advantageous.
If you have experience with with ATEX AND DSEAR we would like to hear from you.
Your daily duties as a Electrical Design Engineer will include:
* Reporting to the Technical Director, support pre and post contract design activities for a range of engineered solutions for, amongst others, the Energy, Water and Aerospace sectors
* Work both independently and as part of a team during all phases of the project lifecycle, from concept design through to successful delivery and commissioning.
* Take a professional and progressive approach to supporting the businesses engineering needs. This will include regular interaction with both internal and external customers, and suppliers.
* Ensure that internal and external deadlines are always met. On time delivery and customer satisfaction form the ethos of our business.
* Support the Sales phase by preparing concept design sketches, calculations, and attending customer meetings both in the UK and overseas
* Review and interpret customer requirements provided in the form of specifications, drawings or international standards
* Perform detailed engineering calculations across a number of disciplines, including; structural, fluid dynamic, finite element analysis and general mechanics. These calculations may be performed using software or hand calculation, as appropriate
* Communicate details to enable the production of manufacturing documentation
* Produce customer documentation as a contract deliverable or to support product/supplier approvals
* Ensure that products are designed to budget whilst meeting customer requirements
* Assist with the production of operation and maintenance manuals/instructions Complete site surveys and condition assessments, produce technical reports and recommendations as appropriate
* Familiar with the requirements of ATEX, DSEAR, IEC and other hazardous area directive
* Experience of working in an electiral design position/team
* Experience of structural analysis using recognised software and first principles, working to international standards/codes
* Good understanding of fabricated structures/components and manufacturing techniques
* Understanding of the Construction Design and Management regulations
* Engineering or Manufacturing Qualification to HND level or equivalent
* Able to work out of hours, when required to support customer needs
* Experience of designing air handling/HVAC systems
* Experience of designing air filtration systems
* Experience of performing acoustical calculations
* Experience of electrical system design
* Experience of thermo-fluid analysis using recognised software and first principles
Please note, only applicants with a suitable amount of UK based experience and who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered