- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
New State-of-The-Art SEN School (SEMH & Complex Needs) in Grantham, Lincs is currently recruiting either an NQT or Experienced Teacher of Design Technology Teacher / Design Technology Teacher. Permanent, full time immediate OR January 2021 start (for the right DT Teacher)
**The SEN School (Complex Needs & SEMH) is open to the DT specialism, but would be preferable if you can teach Food Technology / Home Economics at KS3 & 4 (SEN)**
Innovative & Creative SEN School in Grantham, Lincs which caters to pupils who have been diagnosed with Challenging Behaviour, SEMH, & Complex Needs pupils. The pupils age ranges from 8 – 18 years old. Currently there are around 15 pupils on roll and with capacity of up to 30 pupils. The Teaching at this SEN school is Good to Outstanding. Exceptional and dedicated support staff who engage their pupils. Staff aim to ensure a positive outcome in de-escalating challenging behaviour. The Headteacher has a wealth of SEN experience and is a true visionary & who is truly Inspiring!
Fantastic job opportunity, for a new (SEN) Design Technology Teacher / Teacher of Design Technology / DT Teacher / Teacher of DT who preferably specialises in Food or Home Economics, however the client would be open to other specialisms. This is an exciting time for the successful Design Technology Teacher / Teacher of Design Technology / DT Teacher / Teacher of DT (SEN), where you can put your **Stamp** in the department. This role would either suit an NQT or Experienced Teacher. It is essential that you have worked as a DT Tech Teacher in either a Pupil Referral Unit / PRU / Alternative Provision/ SEN School OR Mainstream School (As long as lots of experience with challenging behaviour). It is important that your SEN experience is varied; Complex Needs/ SEMH/ADHD/CAMHS/ ASD/ Behaviour Difficulties. This is a small school which gives you an opportunity to teach your specialism / subject(s) on either a 1:1 basis and/or within small groups. You must be a passionate and enthusiastic SEN Teacher who is able to engage your SEN students & can teach fun, informative and engaging lessons!
* You have a UK recognised teaching Qualification (ie Teach First/ GTP/ SCITT/ PGCE / Cert Ed / QTS)
* You have taught SEN students with either of the following; challenging behaviour/ CAMHS/ SEMH/ ADHD/ ASD etc as a Design Technology Teacher / Teacher of Design Technology Teacher (SEN)/ DT Teacher
* NQTS and Experienced Teachers welcome to apply!
* Advantageous if you have taught Food Technology or Home Economics in DT but open to specialism!
* Graded a minimum of a “Good” Teacher
* You have worked in either a Pupil Referral Unit / PRU / Alternative Provision / SEN School OR mainstream school (IF you have SEN experience with challenging pupils).
* MUST have a great sense of humour, resilient, empathetic, engaging and able to build a strong rapport with young people.
* MUST reside in easily commutable distance to Grantham, Lincs