- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
We have had a great position become available for a Development Management Manager to work for Broxtowe Council. The postholder is responsible for the overall supervision of the Development Management function of Broxtowe Borough Council. Covering all aspects of planning application case work including appeals, allocated sites, conservation and enforcement, allocation of workload and management of staff
This is a temporary role for 3 months with the view to extend. You will be required to work Monday to Friday, 9:30pm to 5pm
* Proactively lead the service to continue to resolve obstacles to the delivery of new development in the Borough in line with sustainable development and planning policy principles.
* Assist and, where necessary, deputise for the Head of Planning and Economic Development in managing the development management function including at Planning Committee.
* Organise, allocate and supervise all aspects of development management, enforcement and conservation work to ensure that this function is carried out thoroughly, efficiently and speedily.
* Manage and guide a team of professional and technical officers.
* Negotiate a high standard of design and other improvements to very complex applications and very large developments to encourage a high overall standard of development in the borough
* Ensure the conservation of appropriate buildings and areas and secure their enhancement where possible and negotiate with developers the content of appropriate planning agreements associated with planning applications.
* Manage the preparation of the Council's representations in the case of planning and enforcement related appeals and represent the Council, as appropriate, at hearings or public inquiries.
* Attend appropriate committee meetings of the council and liaise with members of the council as required.
Location: NG9 1AB
Hourly rate: £25.49
If this position is of interest, please contact Jake Singh today at Belmont Recruitment on (phone number removed)