- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Our client is a specialist external envelope sub-contractor who undertake high quality roofing and cladding projects across sectors to include Education, Health, Commercial, Student Accommodation and Residential based in Nottingham.
They work with a variety of roofing systems including: single-ply, hot-melt and standing steam systems.
Cladding systems include: rainscreen, composite wal and timber wall systems.
They have projects within the East Midkands and South Yorkshire and require a Contracts Manager on a permanent basis to cover schemes in this area. The successful candidate must demonstrate previous extensive experience within the Envelope sector. They do operate in a greater area than this so some flexibilty is required.
Duties to include but not limited to:
* Be responsible for the overall management and success of the project.
* Prepare the site planning and liaise with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work start.
* Build a good working rapport with customer, contractors and key members of the supply chain and ensure there is a good open dialogue throughout the project.
* Look ahead and plans all aspects of the project, identifying potential challenges and bringing imaginative and cost effective solutions.
* Prepare all job cards, Fabrication / material requisitions, design co-ordination, etc required in accordance with the programme of works and/or progress on site, to ensure that maximum efficiency is maintained.
* Monitor progress against programme and take action where necessary.
* Produce information required schedules linked to the construction programme.
* Provide technical and planning input to support tender submissions
* Work closely with the QS to ensure project financial targets are met
* Record and report all areas of delay or disruption to the progress of the work and offer solution to mitigate delays and ensure costs are liaised with Commercial departments to aid recover of expenditure.
* Carry out regular safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health and safety and the environment are adhered to.
* Set high personal safety and environmental standard and ensure Company procedures are robustly applied * Oversee the running of several projects at one time.
* Review all aspects of the project with the site team every month
* Plan resources and allocates to the project as appropriate.
CSCS Black Card, SMSTS required.
David Rowbotham at Penguin Recruitment