- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Red Recruitment 24:7 who are acting as recruitment consultants for our Scunthorpe based client. Due to expansion our client requires a CNC Operative to join their team on a full time temporary to permanent basis
PRIMARY PROCESS OPERATOR
Reporting to the Primary Process Toolmaker/Supervisor to support the day to day activity within Primary Process.
Purpose of Role:
To cover duties such as operating CNC machining centres and other associated machinery.
* Inspect all parts and finished products received to ensure dimensional quality, appearance and standards are acceptable.
* Responsible for setting/Programming CNC Milling Machines
* Packaging of parts for delivery to internal and external customers.
* Oversee Automatic machinery during its operations and advise any changes to Supervisor
* Maintain output and take the necessary action as appropriate to achieve the desired results in terms of quality and performance.
* Monitor cycle times and report anomalies to Supervisor and maintain good standards of housekeeping within the area.
* Advise supervisor of all quality concerns.
* Complete the physical count when stock checks are held.
* Experience of CNC Milling Machines such as apprentice trained.
* Knowledge of Edge Cam, solid cam or similar an advantage
* Knowledge of Continuous Improvements, Process Improvements, and Kaizen etc. is highly Desirable
* Experience 1st offs and last offs, trouble shooting and problem solving
* Excellent attention to detail and time keeping
* Organized approach with good Written and verbal communication skills
* Able to observe all housekeeping / 5S procedures
Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time by your immediate manager
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position