- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Crosby Composites manufactures high quality advanced composite parts for the automotive racing and high-end car manufacturers. Established over 30 years ago, the company enjoys high levels of technology knowledge and reputation for quality and service. The business has two sites, Brackley and Wellingborough, and employs around 180 people.
CNC Operator Role
We are currently recruiting for 2 individuals to join our Day Shift CNC team at our Brackley site.
Hours are 8 – 4.30 Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the CNC Manager and working in a small team you will be required to set up and run programmes generated by Powermill for 3axis and 5axis CNC machines.
Machine details: 4 off 5 axis Haas, 3 off CMS Ares & Antares 5 axis and 2 off 3 axis VMC Bridgeports.
Start date: as soon as possible
– Setting up and running of Haas VMS with trunnion, UMC750, Bridgeports and CMS Ares 5 axis CNC machines.
– Machining of patterns, moulds and component trimming for carbon fibre components.
– The machining of different types of material including Tooling board, Aluminium, MCP and Carbon fibre.
– Using Haas, Heidenhain and Fanuc controls effectively.
– Using Setup sheets and drawings to machine various parts to a high level of accuracy, to tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
– Effective team player and communicator.
– Following company procedures to insure efficient manufacture of parts and tooling.
– Good verbal communication and listening skills.
– Measure all the parts machined to drawings.
– Strong team player. An effective team worker alongside the current CNC team to ensure customer requirements are met and the highest levels of standards are followed
– Excellent process adherence – understanding the importance of process and that if followed the outcome will be right
– Attention to detail
– Openness to criticism and ideas, teamwork
– At least 2 years’ experience setting and running 3 & 5 axis CNC machines.
– Experience of different CNC control panels.
– The knowledge to machine different types of components from small aluminium inserts to large epoxy patterns.
– The ability to use probes and lasers to set up tooling.
– Experience inspecting all parts after completion.
Location: Brackley, Northamptonshire
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Hours are 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: £10 to £14 per hour
You may have experience of the following: CNC Machine Operator, Machinist, Engineer, HAAS, Heidenhain, Fanuc, Delcam, Milling, CNC Turner, Tool Setter, Cutting, Manufacturing, Engineering, CNC Setter, Machine Operator, CNC Operator, etc.