- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Contek are working with a Precision Engineering company in Leicester who provide manufacturing services to a wide variety of industries including but not limited to, the quarrying, brick, rail, pump and automotive industries.
This is a busy, heavy and dirty environment.
They are looking for a CNC Miller or CNC Turner that can programme with Fanuc or Heidenhain controls.
This is a Late shift role – Mon-Thurs: 2.00pm to 00.15am (No Fridays). You will be entitled to a 30-minute unpaid meal break to be taken between 7.00pm and 7.30pm.
£12 – £15 per hour. Shift allowance paid at Time and a third between 8pm and 00:15am
Day to day you will be working in the milling/Turning team, operating, setting & either downloading the existing program or creating one with the team leaders supervision across one or two machines at a time depending on workload.
– Promote a positive work environment for all colleagues, customers & suppliers.
– To ensure the production of quality components fully inspected & in pristine condition.
– To ensure that the work is planned to optimise machinery to its full capacity & potential.
– Manage your own work area. I.e. organising jobs & keeping the area free from obstructions & debris.
– Keep machinery clean & in good working order, reporting any faults to the section leader.
– Achieve operation times allowed without supervision.
– Show respect to all machinery & tooling used, always returning to their rightful place & reporting any problems to the Section Leader.
– Be co-operative to fellow workers at all times.
– Reduce the cost of non conformance reports through education & training.
– Meet KPI targets in all required areas.
– Develop working practices.
– Represent the company with enthusiasm, professionalism & provide a business like appearance and demeanour to customers, visitors & colleagues.
– Co-ordination of the work through production ensuring a "right first time, on time" approach.
– Maintaining ISO standards.
– Ensure that the company is adhering to health and safety legislation & following health and safety best practice.
– Ensuring the accident reporting and recording is carried out throughout the entire company
– Support input of production data through Javelin SFDC (Shop Floor Data Capture) – Report to the Section Leader any discrepancies arising.
– Sound engineering background
– At least 5 years experience in a modern & progressive manufacturing environment.
– At least 3 years CNC experience – Programming with Either Fanuc or Heidenhain controls