Career Level Not Specified
Experience Not Specified
Industry Not Specified
Qualifications Not Specified
Children's Residential Worker
£20,000+ per annum
Working with one of our private Clients, I am currently recruiting for a Residential Care Worker to take on a role within their childrens home based in Muston (Nottinghamshire) on a perm basis.
The role is to assist in the day to day care of the young people, helping with personal care, health care, education and recreational activities where required.
Staff normally work 2 shifts on & 4 shifts off, with shifts 8am -11pm, sleep, 8am -11pm then off.
The children based in the home are aged between 7-17 years old.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* To participate in the day-to-day operation of the service provided in accordance with the organisational guidelines and objectives guided by the various plans in place. (for example the care plan, health plan and behaviour management plan).
* To plan, manage and create a robust plan for each shift and to organise resources in line with shift expectations.
* To consistently promote a safe environment and safe working practices.
* To support the young people on social and educational activities and to support them in developing their learning and educational aspirations.
* To create a friendly and relaxed environment for the young people which encourages enjoyment, self-motivation, positive self-esteem and respect for themselves and others
* To support the young people to lead a healthy lifestyle in every aspect of their lives and provide guidance and support where required. There will be an expectation to contribute to plans and assessments as requested.
* To prepare meals, encouraging and promoting healthy nutritional well balanced diets in accordance with Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations.
* To be aware of Unity Residential Care Services guidelines on Code of Conduct and to consistently role model at the highest level. To support those who are new in post to understand expectations and standards within the home.
* To ensure that all basic primary care needs are met.
– Enhanced DBS
– Prior experience within a childrens setting
– NVQ Level 3 or above
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Theo at Service Care Solutions on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed