- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Matlock Library, Matlock
12.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
£9.62 per hour
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.
To provide an efficient and effective caretaking and cleaning service for the site; ensuring that the security and general appearance of the site are maintained according to the required standards.
* Sustainability: Using electronic systems effectively and reducing waste.
* Consistency: Working as a Team and providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
* Integrity: Making decisions with the whole of the Company in mind.
* Partnership: Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
* Agility: To continuously improve ourselves, systems and processes and be flexible to change.
* Responsible for the effective cleaning of the site including periodical stripping, resealing and polishing of floors, washing of walls and internal windows.
* Responsible for site safety, ensuring clear and safe access and security of the site and its contents.
* Undertake moving and handling tasks including the setting up and clearing away of furniture.
* Maintenance of appropriate stock levels of consumables, and records relating to fire and intruder alarms, repairs/maintenance of heating systems, and logs of portable electrical equipment.
* Responsible for carrying out minor repairs, maintenance and decorations.
* Carry out regular checks of the heating systems to ensure they are operating efficiently.
* Participating in the site’s out of hours call out system.
* Undertaking lettings for the site
* School sites only – Able to take annual leave only in school holidays.
Equality and Diversity
* Act in accordance with the Equality & Diversity policy.
Health and Safety
* Ensure own compliance with the Health & Safety policy/procedures and that of any resources you have responsibility for.
* Contribute to risk awareness through carrying out of duties and raise issues where appropriate.
* £9.62 per hour
* Company pension scheme
* Lifeworks Staff discount scheme
* Job related training plus personal development opportunities