- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
GBR Recruitment Ltd are working in partnership with a supported living care organisation recruiting for an experienced Supported Living Care Manager to oversee, develop & lead a team of Care Support Workers across the Newark / Nottinghshire area.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Care professional with Supervisory, Team Leader or Manager experience within Care services (supported living, assisted living, residential care, care homes, domiciliary care or similar).
Overview of the Role:
To ensure high quality, person centred care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and supported living needs, developing care / activity services around the individual at all stages of their care pathway from treatment and support under the Mental Health Act, on discharge from hospital under a CTO, to lifestyle support in the community.
* Leading Care Services, delivering a clear and structured day to day leadership, management and support to the local care support team (support workers) in order to ensure the highest quality of service is delivered to all the individuals.
* Assist with the growth and development of the care service, whilst protecting and safeguarding the company’s values and culture.
* Deliver a person centred care plan.
* Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support in order to promote joint working and provide a better quality service to the service users.
* Ensure that all new team members are appropriately recruited into the Company and analyse initial training and development needs
* Oversee the mentoring system, ensuring new members of staff are successfully inducted into the Company
* In conjunction with the training department ensure staff receive the correct training, both at induction and further training
* Provide regular structured supervision to the staff
* Attend interviews for potential new packages of care and support as required with the senior management team.
* Implement induction/assessment programmes for all new service users, in conjunction with the wider management team.
* In conjunction with the wider management team, promote joint working when overseeing the transition for new / moving service users – ensuring all support needs are met both within the transition period and ongoing.
* In conjunction with the management team, recruit and select new staff
* Lead the staff in enabling the service users to live fulfilling lives based around their individual needs and aspirations. Promote a respectful person-centred approach by fostering and leading in a non-aversive, supportive manner.
* Undertake responsibility and effectively manage the team(s) whilst ensuring a high profile within the properties
* Develop, mentor & coach all Support Workers
Qualifications & Experience:
* Ideally you will have a Health & Social Care level 3 qualification or similar (not essential but preferred) or you will be time served in a comparable Care Management or Supervisory role within assisted living, residential care, domiciliary or other
* Strong Supervisory / Management skills with the Care sector able to coach, mentor, develop & lead
* Own a car & have a full UK driving license to cover several homes / residencies across Lincoln
* Flexible & willing to work 5 days over 7 as part of the role (some weeks Mon – Fri, other weeks working part of the weekend)
* Happy to be on call 1 week in 5
Interviews to take place immediately with an immediate start for the right applicant