- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Business Unit Manager – Industrial Hazardous Waste
Location: Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire
Salary: Competitive + car & bonus
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Enva is a full-service and leading provider of recycling and resource recovery solutions, with locations across the United Kingdom and Ireland.
With sustainability at the forefront of its proposition, Enva recovers a broad range of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials for re-use in manufacturing and for energy conversion, as well as providing a complete portfolio of water and waste water services.
Our site in Nottinghamshire, Enva England Specialist Waste Ltd, is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services to the UK's motor vehicle franchise network. Offering a wide selection of services, we are the total waste partner to a variety of industry sectors.
Business Unit Manager – The Role:
The Business Unit Manager will be responsible for the further development of the Industrial Haz Waste Division, while maintaining alignment with the business strategy.
To oversee all aspects of business operations, developing and meeting annual budgets, profit targets, sales and growth plans for the business unit in alignment with strategic objectives of the wider business.
Business Unit Manager – Key Responsibilities:
* Maintaining the highest standards of health and safety, promoting a positive health and safety culture at all times.
* Responsible for business unit commercial and operational performance, ensuring integrity and accuracy of financial reporting and analysis on both business unit and client level.
* Ensure all technical guidance and legislative requirements regarding hazardous waste collections and storage are always adhered to.
* Perform a full analysis of current/future markets in order to further develop hazardous waste operations.
* Planning, development, and implementation of the business unit strategy, including business development strategy; responsible for continually reviewing the strategies, updating and revising as necessary.
* Expand existing and add additional service lines to meet customer and market demands.
* Formulate annual budget.
* Develop and maintain performance metrics/ KPIs, capabilities and associated reporting to monitor and measure the performance of the business unit.
* Manage escalated customer and operational queries.
* Customer Account management and interaction as required.
* Be a key member of the management team supporting wider strategy discussions.
* Managing and implementing strategies and training to maintain a productive, highly skilled and motivated workforce.
* Responsible for all aspects of resource management within defined area of responsibility, including planning, resourcing and recruitment.
* Manage all aspects of employee related budgets and headcount plans ensuring balance between cost efficiencies and work requirements.
Knowledge, Training, Experience, Technical and Personal Skills:
* Experience working within waste industry.
* Good people manager, proven experience of leading operational teams.
* Good negotiation skills combined with strong commercial awareness.
* Proactive and safety focused approach.
* Hands on and methodical, organised with attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentation and documentation skills.
* Analytical and logical in approach with the ability to analyse data and formulate action plans.
* Strong relationship building skills and be a confident networker.
* Highly focused on delivering results and objectives with a strong personal commitment to supporting the business in achieving its goals in a changing environment.
* Must demonstrate high levels of integrity and adopt a professional approach in all interactions – should be transparent, open and honest in all dealings.
* IOSHStrong PC and technical knowledge and skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
* Chemistry degree
Offering a competitive salary in a growing company committed to our people. We also offer pension contributions and other health scheme benefits including death in service.
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your up to date CV.
Please be advised due to the high number of applications should you not hear from us within 4 weeks, your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful. We thank you for expressing your interest in this role.
No agencies please