- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
Who we are
Established in 1886, Taylor Hobson is an acknowledged global leader in the design & manufacture of high precision surface texture & form measuring instrument based in the UK. The instruments are key to many academic institutions, optics, bearings, aerospace & automotive industries with the drive to develop the understanding and control to manufacture more efficient products with greener credentials. It is here where high speed sub 100nm metrology provides some of the challenges & greatest opportunities and where many of our customers have considerable interest demonstrated through their R&D programs globally. We are always looking for new staff with a passion for technology who want to make a difference in the world of ultra-precision technology.
Acquired by AMETEK in 2004, TAYLOR HOBSON is part of AMETEK’s Ultra Precision Technologies Division, a leader in the development of ultra-precise measurement devices, precision machining systems, ophthalmic instruments, eye care diagnostic devices, optical lens manufacturing equipment, vibration cancellation systems, and advanced scanners used in reverse engineering, quality assurance and 3D printing.
We are looking for a full time Assembly Applications Technician to join our expanding Product Assembly team. This is a great opportunity for a person to practice their technological and Assembly skills within a world leading metrology business. The work is varied and includes product assembly and testing of our high precision metrology instrumentation. Full on-site training will be provided.
What you will do:
* Support the implementation of new products into production by supporting prototype builds, team training, and SOP’s, to drive efficiency
* Work with Engineers to develop techniques and processes to improve current methods, ensuring high quality and cost-efficient products.
* Deliver projects to improve cost, quality, and efficiency.
* Remain task oriented, consistently delivering high levels of output and customer satisfaction.
* Add to the existing team ethos by working closely with colleagues to deliver Operational Excellence.
* Assemble, test, and calibrate valuable products, at times working with small components and demanding deadlines.
* Develop skills set to support all areas of Assembly production when required
* Demonstrate skills in electrical and mechanical precision assembly with the ability to support internal customers, other departments, and team members.
* Become a role model to other team members and Trainees, promoting high standards and a positive work ethic.
What you will need:
A degree or HND/HNC in an engineering or technical discipline
Plus the following essential skills:
* Track record of working closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Research & Development
* Able to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
* Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
* A strong track record of delivering quality product to customers
* Methodical approach to precision assembly
* Experience in inspection fundamentals
* Experience building intricate mechanical assemblies
* Ability to work both alone and in teams as required
* Run test procedures, collect data, and complete technical reports
* Participate in project team meetings
* Development, implementation, and maintenance of required quality assurance processes and systems that will assure products and services meet program, company, customer, and industry standard requirements
* Support internal, external, and customer audit activities
* Experience in electrical and mechanical Assembly
Why Taylor Hobson?
In return for your hard work, you will receive:
* Commitment to your ongoing career progression
* Enhanced annual leave
* Excellent employee benefits such as discounted gym memberships, onsite company doctor, exclusive access to our sports and social club, long service award, eye care vouchers
* Group stakeholder pension
* Competitive pay
* Extensive training opportunities