- Career Level Not Specified
- Experience Not Specified
- Industry Not Specified
- Qualifications Not Specified
DegreeSix Recruitment are a fast growing bespoke social care agency looking for experienced and enthusiastic Support Workers to join our agency team in the area.
DegreeSix’s agency team support vulnerable adults (18-65) who may have disabilities including autism, mental health problems and learning disabilities, all of which can lead to challenging behaviours.
* Provide a combination of support which can include domestic duties, such as cooking and cleaning, helping with studies and recreational actives and in some cases personal care.
* Work closely with other staff to ensure the safety and well being of the people you are supporting.
* You will need to be empathetic and understanding of the people you are supporting as well as engaging and proactive.
* Due to current legislation you must be at least 18 years of age to work with adults.
* Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle, this is not essential but a big advantage to you.
* At least 3 months experience supporting adults or young people with challenging behaviours preferably in a residential setting.
* DBS registered with the update service – this is desirable but not essential.
What we can offer:
* Variety of shift patterns including long days (with and without sleeps), early / late shifts and waking nights.
* Flexible working hours to fit around your own availability on a weekly basis.
* Ongoing training including the opportunity to complete a work-based diploma.
* Hourly rates between £8.75 and £9.00 per hour + sleep over payments.
* Enhanced bank holiday pay which is double time in most cases.
* Opportunity to transition into a full time, permanent position with services that you like.
* Option to work as PAYE or limited contractor.
* Personal account manager as your point of contact.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service or will be able to provide Update Service subscription details